10:45 AM - 11:30 AM (PDT)
Human Performance Factors in Cybersecurity Operations

As the security industry has matured over the last decade, businesses now invest in the most advanced security technologies to stop attacks, from endpoint detection to next generation firewalls to micro-segmentation. The problem is that companies overemphasize technology procurement at the expense of team performance. Only 15 percent of the risks we face in cyberspace are related to technology; the other 85 percent is due to human performance. It’s time for managers to tilt the focus away from technology procurement and towards training for operational readiness. In this session, join Timothy Rohrbaugh, Chief Information Security Officer of JetBlue Airways, and Jonathan Reiber, Senior Director for Cybersecurity Strategy and Policy at AttackIQ and former Chief Strategy Officer for Cyber Policy in the Office of the Secretary of Defense, in conversation with Maggie Miller, Cybersecurity Journalist at Politico, about the importance of continuous testing in achieving optimal team performance.

Session Survey